About Me

My photo
Hei hei xoxo Aurora's my secret middle name, friends call me TungTung, sometimes Cher - but here I am, Cherlyn for ya. Unceasing Foodfullness is my food blog, but Hei Days // Cherlyn Aurora is a treasure trove filled w personal recounts on everything under the sky - or even above. What's "hei"? It's Hebrew for grace. I know I'm living in His grace, that's more than sufficient for me. Currently studying Bachelor of Journalism at QUT! In the land of +61 <3 Find me on instagram: @cherlynaurora // Twitter: @CherlynAurora // YouTube: Cherlyn Aurora // All my love. Cherlyn Aurora

Monday 23 March 2015

Mr Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore's Hero


As I awoke today, I checked my snapchat, and when I saw what my friend sent - "omg I'm so sad" - I knew immediately that Mr Lee was gone. At 7am, that's pretty depressing news to start the day. Initially, I was feeling slightly sleepy, but the moment reality hit me, and when news sources confirmed my fears, I couldn't hold back my tears. 

*sniffs*

I may not have spoken out much regarding LKY, but deep inside I have always held a great sense of respect for this man, who has really given up his entire life to pioneer Singapore to what it is today, and no matter whether the govt makes decisions in or out of favour with the people, I know that Mr LKY himself has strived to fulfil the Singaporean dream, and his wisdom, foresight & vision is the crucial factor that has propelled this nation to a first world country, that's recognised as a prominent cosmopolitan city.

He was a man full of hope and utmost determination, and I'm amazed at all he has done for Singapore. For that, I am grateful, and I cannot put into words how thankful I am for this man, whom God had ordained to build this country. We may be just a small red dot on the world map, but this dot today has become so significant, and we are truly, insanely blessed to be citizens of this land.

Trust me, back in SG, we've got it really good. The grass is not always greener on the other side - yes, our systems may suck at times, but let's all learn to look at the bright side of situations. At times, when I look at the comments on Yahoo, or Facebook, left by fellow Singaporeans, it really outrages me, as people are so quick to criticise. There's always something to be thankful for, guys. 

Over here, now that I'm in Brisbane, I appreciate Singapore even more than I did before. I do love where I am now though, no doubt about it. :)

Below is a quote from LKY which is just - woah. 


From the bottom of my heart, thank you Mr Lee - you're an inspiration to many, and Singaporeans today and in future generations will continue to thank you for all you've done for us. We shall never forget your sacrifice, and it's coz you first believed, that we have come this far. 

SG50 is gonna be bittersweet, but I'm glad you lived to see Singapore to its 50th year. 

It has been an honour to live in the generation when you were still alive. Your legacy will carry on.

Forever and always, in every Singaporean's heart. xoxo

*salutes*

Cherlyn Aurora xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment